Here at AdScale, our mission is to help businesses grow. To do this, we need to keep our products and services running smoothly and without distraction, and we need the members of our community not to misuse or abuse them. There are some activities that are incompatible with AdScale’s mission to help businesses grow, and this Acceptable Use Policy describes those prohibited activities in detail.
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy“) applies to the use of any product, service or website provided by AdScale (collectively, the “Services“), whether we provide it directly or a partner of ours provides it to you. By using any of the Services, you are agreeing to this Policy. The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. Capitalized terms used below but not defined in this Policy have the meanings set forth in our Terms of service.
Data Collection and Use
We collect certain first party data from your store to perform and improve our advertising services and provide valuable insights and recommendations for your business. The types of data we collect may include your customers’ contact email, first name, last name, phone number, address, order IDs, and opt-in preferences. We use this data to:
- Improve Advertising Results: We utilize your customer information to optimize and enhance your advertising campaigns across various channels.
- Create Targeting Segments: We leverage your customer data to create custom targeting segments that enable precise audience targeting and tailored marketing efforts.
- Provide Performance Insights: We analyze the collected data to provide you with valuable insights regarding your advertising and store performance.
- Offer Performance Enhancement Tips: Based on the analysis of your data, we may offer tips, suggestions, and recommendations to help you optimize your advertising performance and achieve better results.
In order to provide our services effectively, we may need to share your data with third-party advertising channels, such as Google and Facebook. This data sharing allows us to integrate with these platforms and deliver your advertising campaigns seamlessly. Please note that the data handling practices of these advertising channels are governed by their respective privacy policies.
We understand the importance of data retention and take measures to ensure the secure storage and removal of your data. As part of our data retention policy, we retain your first-party customer data for a maximum period of 14 days from the cancellation of your AdScale subscription or the removal of the AdScale app from your store. After this period, all first-party customer data will be permanently deleted from our servers.
You may not use the Services to:
- Promote, condone, encourage or facilitate hate, violence or discrimination against people based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status or any other characteristic;
- Engage in, promote or facilitate any illegal activity or violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws);
- Offer products, services or content related to any of the following industries: escort and dating services; multi-level marketing; affiliate marketing; credit repair and “get out of debt” services; cryptocurrencies; selling ‘Likes’ or followers for a social media platform; work from home, make money online, and lead generating opportunities; pharmaceutical products; gambling products or services; or list brokers or list rental services;
- Violate the rights of others (including privacy rights);
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Services or reformat or frame any portion of any web pages that are part of the Services;
- Impersonate others or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, group or entity (including by “spoofing,” “phishing,” manipulating headers or other identifiers) including falsely implying that you are affiliated with or endorsed by AdScale or any other third party, or access the Services via another user’s account without their permission;
- Email purchased, rented, borrowed, third-party or any other lists that have not consented to receive communications, promotions or advertisements from your business;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others without their consent;
- Interfere with other users’ enjoyment of the Services;
- Harm minors or interacts with or target people under the age of thirteen;
- Disable, avoid, or circumvent, damage or otherwise interfere with any security or access-related features or restrictions of the Services, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of content from the Services, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Services;
- Overwhelm or attempt to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on the Services that consume extraordinary resources, such as by: (i) using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers” or other automated systems to send more request messages to our servers than a person could reasonably send in the same period of time using a normal browser; or (ii) going far beyond the use parameters for the Services;
- Use meta tags or any other “hidden text” including AdScale’s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks;
- Use the Services in violation of applicable industry standards, including all applicable guidelines published by the CTIA and the Mobile Marketing Association;
- Disparage AdScale or our partners, vendors, or affiliates; or
- Authorize, permit, enable, induce or encourage any third party to do any of the above.
You may not use the Services to solicit, display, store, process, send or transmit:
- Content that promotes, condones, encourages or facilitates hate, violence or discrimination against people based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status or any other characteristic;
- Obscene, indecent, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, pornographic, harmful to minors, threatening, excessively profane or otherwise objectionable material;
- Content that violates, encourages or furthers conduct that would violate any applicable laws;
- Content that infringes or misappropriates intellectual property rights, or otherwise violates a third party’s rights;
- Any of the following types of data or information: (a) any information defined under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (EU GDPR) or the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation as a “special category”; (b) medical records or health information, including Protected Health Information as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act; (c) any non-public government identification numbers or financial account information such as (i) Social Security number or local equivalents, passport numbers, driver’s license number or similar identifiers or (ii) financial account information including credit or debit card number; and (d) information related to children under the age of 13 (or in the EEA, under 16);
- Malware, viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, worms, or other malicious or harmful code;
- Spam or commercial electronic messages in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act, Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, the General Data Protection Regulation or any other applicable law or regulation; or
- SMS, MMS, or other text messages or push notifications that violate the Telephone Consumer Protection Act or any other applicable telemarketing or telephone consumer protection law or regulation.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or investigate your use of the Services at any time for compliance with this Policy, our Terms of Service, or any other agreement between you and us governing your use of the Services. If we determine (in our sole discretion) that you engage in activities that violate the letter or spirit of this Policy, including activities outside of your use of the Services, or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services without notice or liability.
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].